Monday, October 12, 2015

Birthday Week!

Transfer week is always pretty crazy! And loooooong. But everything went well. On Monday President Castillo and his family invited my companion and I over for Family Home Evening and dinner for my birthday. It was pretty cool and I feel so blessed because not every missionary has those experiences. In fact, no other missionary really ever gets the opportunity to do that. It was fun. President was way exhausted because he and the assistants had just gotten out of like a 5 hour straight transfer meeting trying to figure out transfers and where everyone would be going. But he still kept a smile on and was fun and joking like always. He's an awesome example because even when he is way stressed and tired and it's late, he still makes time for family and manages to be positive and happy.
Then on Tuesday we picked up the new missionaries (Greenies) from the bus station. Immediately one of the sisters said, "Elder Greer! Sister Reilly told me I had to find you and that you are her cousin and best friend!" and all this stuff. It was pretty cool. All of them seemed to know Sav! Then we took them to the mission home and we gave talks and talked to them about our jobs and the mission and everything. We had to do it back and forth in English, then Spanish. Later on in the night, the AP's forgot to tell me that we had to plan the transfer routes for the next day! So we spent from 10pm-1am planning it all and finishing it all up!! Usually we have it done before, but the AP's and President got done with transfers way late this time so we were way behind schedule. Planning transfer day is so hard! I never realized how much goes into it! Basically in the morning of transfer day, everyone being transferred has to show up with all their suitcases and things at this place called Caribe Tours. Then everyone checks in and heads out to their new areas when their buses arrive or when we are ready to take them. We had three cars/trucks so I took one, Elder Walker took the other, and Elder Vargas had one too. We three had to plan where all of us needed to go, at what time, with who, and all of that. But it is super complicated because it is literally like a giant puzzle. If one of us is late on our schedule, all of us are late. If one of us mess up, the whole rout gets messed up. It is really hard to explain. But that's why it took so long. So we finally got home at 1:30am and then were back at it again in the morning at 6am! Then Thursday we had the "dead" missionaries at the mission home and they bore their testimonies and all that stuff. The next morning we had to get up at 4am to take all them to the airport. Also, my old companion, Elder Cummings, got reassigned to a mission in Texas so we needed to take him to the bus because he was flying out of Santo Domingo. But it was some random holiday so the bus station wasn't open. So my companion, Elder Castillo, and Elder Walker had to drive quickly down to Santo Domingo to take Elder Cummings to the airport. Luckily they made it in time! Then things finally calmed down. So today has been a nice, relaxing, needed P-Day haha.
My birthday was very busy with my missionary stuff, but it was fun too! They all sang me happy birthday and a few past investigators and members called me and wished me a happy birthday. I was bummed me and my trainer, Elder Rodriguez, who has the same birthday as me, couldn't do anything together. But we talked on the phone a little. Crazy I am no longer a teenager!! Thank you Mom and dad for my packages!! You guys are awesome! I love sharing my things and everyone loves all the candy and treats and weird shirts haha. Its always fun giving candy and treats to my companion because he has never had anything like it before because they aren't big on that stuff here. He is obsessed with it all and has a deep love for my mom now haha. Also thanks grandma Bonnie for the package! I loved everything! You are so G-Thug, I love it. Thanks Mimi and Papa for the letter and money as well! You are all much loved and appreciated :) Thanks to everyone else for the birthday wishes. ya'll are awesome!
Last shout outs to Alma for being such an incredible missionary always and being pumped to serve and help the missionaries and invite others to have the same happiness you experience through this gospel and church. And I heard that Charlotte Connel is getting baptized!? Heck yeah! Super stoked for ya!
Have a great week!

Elder Greer
 
 Pics of me and a bunch of dying missionaries who went to the MTC their last day and met Sav! One of them is my old companion elder haws.







The one of my comp on the floor is when he was playing with his flying airplane and I thought it was funny cause he looks like a little kid

 

No comments:

Post a Comment