Monday, October 12, 2015

Temple trip and seeing Sav!

This has been such a great week!!
So on Tuesday my comp and I drive down to the capital, Santo Domingo, to get my license! It was a two day process so I got to stay in the MTC and guess who I saw!!! Sav!!! I had been wanting to see her so bad and knew that my license was the only way. So luckily all my paper work came in in time and I was able to go and see her too. Tuesday morning I got there and did the required medical stuff (which was basically that they took my blood pressure and made sure I was alive) then I waited for a while in the waiting room of the MTC and one of the teachers went up and got Savanna to come down. Right when she saw me she just started balling! Hahaha. I didn't know what to do other then like give her a high five haha. The couple missionary companionship from my mission were there and they took pictures of us. It was so good to see and hear from Sav. She seems so great and stoked for the field next week! I am way excited for her!
While I was in the waiting room, I met this lady who works for the church and her husband is like, the church lawyer or something. She is from France but speaks like 5 different languages fluently and has lived all over the world! She was telling me all these awesome experiences she has had in the church around the world and her conversion story and everything. She is an incredible woman and has done so many cool things around the world for the church! We had like nothing to do until the next day, so she invited us to her house to teach a lady who works for her as a cleaning lady. She was telling us that her cleaning lady was an investigator of gold and has so many questions and interest. So we went. This lady lives in a huge apartment complex like 20 floors up that overlooks the beach. Super nice and way cool. And quiet! Right off the bat, the investigator (I can't remember her name) was so interested and really was a golden investigator! We taught the plan of salvation. My companion and I taught so well together, the best we have ever taught. We were so in sync and in tune with the spirit. And the spirit was SO strong because it was so quiet and reverent up there! For once we had peace in a lesson instead of crying babies, or traffic noise, or blasting music down the street. It was honestly one of the greatest lessons I have ever taught. We were able to clearly teach and answer all the questions and we had such a great time doing it. Then after, they gave us these mini pies and a orange-pineapple juice drink. And while we ate we got onto the subject of the word of wisdom and basically taught a second lesson haha. I have no doubt that lady will continue to progress as the real elders of that area go and teach her. I'm bummed that we can't teach her more, but it was a great experience.
Later that day we got to go to the temple!!! Because we were staying in the MTC where they house people who are going to the temple, it was a rule that we had to go to the temple if we were to stay there. So President gave us permission because we didn't really have any choice, plus he wanted us to be able to have that experience. I had never been to this temple here so it was extra great. The couple missionary companionship from my mission were here to do a seminar for return missionaries. So we got to go in with them. It was a great experience. I really do love the temple so much and it made me feel so high on life. So spiritual and honestly just pumped me up so much.
The next day in the morning, a lawyer came and took us to the DMV for my license. It was such a long process when all they did was take my papers, take my blood, and take my picture. They didn't even have me step into a car to make sure I could drive or anything!! No wonder there are do many people her missing arms and legs... but the whole time we were there (8:30am-12:30pm) the lawyer lady was with us and she was not a member and had lots of interest and tons of questions! So we talked to her a bunch about the church and she is really smart so she understood everything really well and liked it. So we got her address and are going to have the missionaries in that area go and teach her! 
Finally I got my license and we made the long journey back home.
What a great two days that was! I was really stressed at first because we weren't going to get in lessons or have time in our area and be more behind with our work as office elders, but it turned out to be such a great trip filled with awesome missionary moments and opportunity to share the gospel and be pumped up by the temple and getting to see Sav! Super blessed.
And to top it off, we had general conference and got to hear/listen to the prophet and apostles!
I hope you all enjoy conference too!

Elder Greer






Santo Domingo temple
 

No comments:

Post a Comment