Sunday, March 27, 2016

Great week!

March 23, 2016

Okay so first I want to let you all know a little bit about my area. Navarrete, my area of it anyway, is pretty poor. My area is the poorest and most country of the three other areas here with missionaries. We have a total of like 3 paved roads. Everything is dirt and rock roads for the most part. Most of the houses are wooden houses. Most of which look like shacks. Very humble abodes. Lots of dirt or concrete floors inside. But that's the custom here so it's super normal and the people are just happy with it :) A lot of the time I feel like we are in the middle of the desert. Just the feel of the area and the dirt and houses and stuff make it look like some random town in the middle of the desert. But I love it! It's a super cool area and the members always help us. When I first got here, we didn't have very many people in our teaching pool, but we have just been talking with everyone and inviting them all to church and to hear from us and to be baptized. We have been asking and receiving lots of references for people to visit with and teach. We ask everyone everywhere if we can help them or if they need something or have a service or project we could do for them. And now we have lots of more people and have found some solid potential people to progress. In every area I have people who I am so close with and who I was sad to say goodbye to. I am already finding and seeing who those people are and will be from this area. The youth, especially the young men, are super strong and leave with us a lot and there are lots of them. I love that. I love working with the young men.
So days like yesterday are days that I just love. From 3-5pm we are still having trouble finding people in their houses and most of our appointments fall through. But from like 5-9pm, we are just booked solid and literally have to run to our next appointments. Yesterday we had a long lesson that went a little over time and so we had to hurry over to a young man's house from the ward named Jose. When we got there, he was not ready and he wanted to shower super quick and change. We were way late but needed him so we could teach a few people because we can't teach women alone without another male present. So we gave him 4 minutes. 10 minutes later, we finally left his house and booked it to our next lesson which was super far away in a really country area/neighborhood where we found some cool people the other day. I am pretty sure there are more cows than people in that area/part of town, but the people were super cool so we had to go back to teach them. We were like jogging with our bags and everything up and down dirt/rock hills to get there in time. Luckily there was lots of breeze and I didn't forget to put on my deodorant ;) We had a solid lesson with that family, unfortunately the dad was working so he was the only one of them family not there. Then we got on a small Dominican bus with like 40 other people (not an exaggeration) to another area far away for two other lessons. Then we got back late at night. It was a fun, busy, solid day and all the lessons were great. I loved the fact that we were in such a hurry that we had to literally run, haha. It was great! My feet were sore. I actually have another foot blister that peeled off.
So that random guy that I called last week on accident and invited to church CAME!! He showed up and traveled like 2 hours to get here!! Crazy! He is so prepared! He seriously is golden! But he lives so far away and can only come down on Sundays for church, so it's going to be a challenge to teach him. But he used to live here and knows quite a few people and members of the ward and really wants to get baptized! So I think that it is a for sure possibility. Literally the coolest miracle though how I came into contact with him and that sparked his desire and interest to come and everything. Way awesome. We also had lots of other people in church who we visit and teach. We are seeing lots of success!! We put 3 baptism dates this week, they will be a challenge to achieve, but we will work hard and sacrifice and do all we can to make it happen! This is the most crucial transfer for me because it will mark the success we have the next two transfers and those will be with my mission son so I want it to be the best they possibly can be.
The mission is so great! 

Elder Greer
 
 
 
My super dope scripture bag I had made a few weeks back.

No comments:

Post a Comment