Wednesday, January 14, 2015

1/14/15

So lately it has been colder than normal. At least for the people here... It will be like 70 degrees and people literally will be wearing beanies and jackets and sweats. Last week, I saw a guy wearing a full on ski jacket that you wear when you are in the mountains skiing where it is like 20 or less degrees! But I have to admit, I think I am used to the humidity and weather because I have definitely worn a sweatshirt more than once in my house haha. Usually in the early mornings or late at night. But it's probably not even cold at all, I don't know.

Sunday mornings are always an insane rush. Our church is 30 minutes away in car and our church starts at 8:00am so every Sunday morning me and my companion are literally running around town, gathering our investigators. Luckily we always have a member who takes us all in his car. This week was great and we got 5 investigators to church! They all really liked it and 2 of them have baptism dates. Two of the others want to get baptized but can't because they live with their boyfriends. And the other is progressing really well and I have a lot of faith in her and can tell she sees the blessings of the gospel.

Here is a super cool video that took place in Puerto Plata, an area in my mission where I was actually at not too long ago. It's super funny and shows a small glimpse of a small part of my huge mission. Here is the link: http://globalnews.ca/news/1701772/westjet-releases-latest-christmas-miracle-video/
I want to share a part of an email I got from one of my best friends who is a retern missionary. This really pumped me up and I feel I should share it:

"This week has been a crazy one.. I feel like I've been stuck in this crappy mentality of poor perspective. I have felt like my mission was such a spiritual high, like that was my peak, and like I'd never be that good again. I've spent the whole time I've been home trying to feel like I felt on my mission. I've heard every excuse in the world about why it isn't possible and how you'll never feel that way again. That's bull. This Gospel is eternal. The truths God taught me, the experiences He blessed me with, those are eternal. If He wasn't going to allow me to progress when I came home, He wouldn't let us come home.
I guess I'm telling you all of this because that's in turn how all of us feel, to some extent at least. Think about it. We're all His children. We were all with Him, and we were perfect. In that sense, coming to this world and living this life is like coming home from a mission. In the pre-existence we were at a spiritual high. That's how a mission is. Now we're here, in the world, and Satan makes us think we'll never be good enough to make it back. Go teach people that's a lie. Go show them that God lives, and that His son has enabled them to be far more and far greater than anything they were before this life. Go give them hope, because they need it."
Sometimes in life we feel like we are on top of the world and everything is great. Other times, it takes a turn downward and Satan will do everything in his power to take advantage of that and prevent us from being able to go back to feeling on top of the world. We all just need to turn our hearts to the Lord and humble ourselves and let him strengthen us. Don't ever let Satan make you think you are not good enough or that you can't be better. Because we can.

Love you all and wish the best.

Elder Greer

Also, quick shout out to my aunt Jodi and Mimi & Papa for the Christmas package and cards! Love ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment