Thursday, November 5, 2015

Snuzy :)

Wow, this week has been great. 
First, conference was awesome. I never really, really payed attention to it much before the mission. Now I am asking my self what the heck I was thinking! Conference is the bomb! And Elder Haynie totally talked!! I was talking to some elders during the song before his talk and then all the sudden I saw him walk up and start talking and I was like, "WHAT THE! Wow, that's Sam's dad!!" Haha. Super cool and exciting!
Last Wednesday I got to go visit Los Cocos with Elder Rodriguez because he was saying goodbye to his past areas because he is going home soon. And I had to take some stuff to the house in Los Cocos. So we ate at my first converts house. She wasn't there because she was working, but her mom was. We are super close. She's like my DR mom haha. They consider me their son. And Elder Rodriguez too because we found them and taught them and became super close to them. So it was great to see her. We also visited a few other people and families we taught together. It was way fun. I Definitely miss that place!
That night, we had a really good lesson with an investigator named Javier. He's 22 and super cool and is a cousin of a member family. He seemed to really understand and be interested. But we haven't been able to find him in his house since :/ 
We got our crashed truck fixed! Her name is sexy Betsy ;) hahaha. My comp named her. The extra truck we were driving he named Susie. I told him that was my mom's name. So I renamed her Snuzy because that's my mom's nickname that me and my cousin Sidney gave her a long time ago haha.
So my job just got harder/more complicated because President has cut down zone meetings to only once a transfer. Usually we have like 3 or 4 and that's when everyone gets their mail because every Friday I go around to all the Zone Leaders houses and drop off mail. But now there is only one zone meeting every transfer so I might have to go to every District Leaders house which would take me the whole entire day. So we are trying to figure out what to do exactly. Super annoying because I have been doing everything possible to get all that done early on Fridays so I have more time to teach, because before we never had time to teach on Fridays. But I organized myself to be able to teach on Fridays after mail run. Now there is not much of a chance of that if I end up having to go to every District Leaders house. But I'll figure out something!
Saturday was fun. We went on a a hike to a cool waterfall. There were a bunch of cool wooden bridges we had to cross to get there.
Later Elder Castillo and I got home and realized we locked ourselves out... Again. Which made us a little late to the baptism we had in our ward. It was another family that Elder Castillo used to teach. They got married and baptized on Saturday. The husband bore his testimony and it was super strong and I was way impressed. He was like "Okay. So from here on out, I will be at church every Sunday. It has been hard to come consistantly because I work on Sundays sometimes, but I will be here no matter what. I might need to look for a new job soon haha, but I trust in the Lord and I know this is where I need to be on Sundays."
Wow. I don't think just any regular person would be willing to put their job and income on the line to be faithful to he commandments. I think we can all learn from his example and be more willing to obey with exactness and remember that the Lord will always, always provide a way to be obedient. Just gotta rely on Him and have sufficient faith.
Love you guys. Have a great week.


Elder Greer





















No comments:

Post a Comment