Monday, May 4, 2015

Happy Easter

Semana Santa!
That means "Holy Week." So instead of just Easter, they have a whole week to celebrate it here because Dominicans love holiday's. But Easter Sunday is the most important day to them too. They don't hunt for eggs or have any American traditions that I am used to, but it'll be interesting to see what they do and how they celebrate it.
On Sunday we got 7 investigators and 2 less actives to church! We were way stoked about that. Ysidro has a date for baptism on the 18th of April!
Empenitrez, unfortunately, is never at her house much because she is often taking care of her sick dad in another town. So it has been hard for her to progress, but her desire is still there. So keep her in your prayers that she will start to progress again and work towards baptism.
On Monday we had an awesome lesson with a family who has been progressing for a little while. Their name is Familia Colon and the mom of the family has such strong faith. She is very Catholic, but loves talking with us. She prayed about the book of Mormon to know if it is true, and she got an answer and felt that it is. So she knows the Book of Mormon is true, just is having a really hard time accepting that. The last lesson we had with her and her family, we left and me and my companion could both feel that there was tension. So we were worried she wasn't going to want to continue with us. So we brought our bishop and his wife who are awesome and we had such a great lesson about families and how families are eternal. We read the proclamation to families and it was a perfect lesson for them. I bore my testimony about families and talked about how much joy my family and I have because of the gospel and it brought me to tears as I realized, myself, how blessed I truly am to have such a strong family and that we have the gospel in our lives. I testify that families really are eternal and that the example and love of a mother and father are essential. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have had to participate in bringing the gospel into many families lives and even help two families get married and baptized.

This video attached is about Christ and Easter. I love this video for many reasons. Not only is it filmed and shot so well with perfect cuts and use of art, music, words, and emotion (obviously I took video production in high school) But also and especially because it goes to show that Christ really is our Savior. He really did suffer and die for each and every one of us. He really is with us in every moment. He knows our burdens. He knows our challenges. He knows our weaknesses. He knows us. Because He suffered every pain and affliction possible. I know that He really does live and that He really is with us every step of the way in our lives. Words cannot explain my thankfulness to Him for that.


Have an amazing Easter filled with the love of Christ.

Elder Greer


Aqui les dejo la foto de  recuerdo de la conferencia de zonas de santiago con Elder Martinez Feliz dia :)

We learned how to pick and peal "Wan Dules" (Dominicanized Green Beans)
Lifted the load off the back of a tired and sick lady :)



Today we had a BBQ with the missionaries in my District.







No comments:

Post a Comment