Thursday, July 14, 2016

Last Letter!!!

July 11, 2016

Wow this week has been insane! We have been jam packed with stuff to do, people to visit, activities to plan and do, preparing for a baptism. I have not even been able to think about home until today! Yesterday and today are my last real days to be a missionary. Tomorrow I will pack and say goodbye to all the amazing people that make my area so great. We have been fed every night this whole entire week! Its been so great.
This whole week we have been psyching everyone up for an activity we planned for Thursday which was Game Night. I stoked all the guys up for basketball. I told them all I was going to come to run their show and show them how to play ;) And I totally did, haha! They all just looked at me first like anyone looks at a skinny white boy. But their expressions changed once I made the first 6 points! Haha! The opposite team was like "cover the gringo! He knows how to play!" We worked it and it was way fun! Afterwards everyone was like "dang, the white boy can play!" haha. I'm way sad I'm leaving them all behind :/ They are all my brothers. I love and care for them all so much! I'm way happy they all came and we were able to have a way fun time. We have found so many people through activities like these so it really helps us with the work too!
Last Saturday we went to the mutual (Young Mens/Womens) weekly activity night and it was super lame. We took an investigator and were really disappointed. The leaders only did like a 15 minute mutual that consisted of a song, a prayer, spiritual message, and a closing song and prayer...No wonder no one shows up! So we were like, ahhh next week come and invite everyone and psych them all up because we are gonna show you guys how to do a Mutual and we are gonna have fun! So on Saturday at 5, we were in charge of the mutual and more people came and we had a solid spiritual thought, spiritual message, and we played some fun games outside afterwards. Everyone loved it so we are hoping the Mutual nights start to become like the ones I grew up with that were always spiritual, uplifting and fun. 
After that, we had my last baptism!! I baptized Elfri Mora, a 15-year-old stud who is seriously such a great kid and example to his family. He will be the key to this family. His mom was so happy for him. She has a HUGE testimony and wants so badly to be baptized as well, but for some complicated things, she won't be able to for a little while. But I have no doubt that she will one day soon! At the baptism she was crying with happiness. It was such a great feeling in there!
After the baptism she asked to talk with us. We went in a room, her, Elfri and us. She started crying a bit more and said how proud of Elfri she was and happy for him. Then she told us about some super serious things going on with her family that we had no idea about. So we got the bishop in with us right away and we were able to figure some things out. I don't want to say what are the things going on, but Elfri said something to his mom that impressed me so much and made me so proud of him. He was just like "Mom, it doesn't matter. What matters is you, and us, and the family. All the other material things are just material things that we can get again later if they have been robbed from us." And he went on and just said such awesome things, I was so proud. He is a straight stud.
Yesterday a family from my first area surprised me and came to Navarrete with a bunch of super good homemade Dominican food!! It was so awesome of them to do! They drove all the way out here just to see me one last time and say goodbye and bring me food! That's when you know you have family and not just friends.
Today for my last P-Day, I invited all the young men to come to the church at 10am and play games and sports with us cause it'll be the last time. I love these young men so much and am so happy to have been given the opportunity to get to know them, teach them, serve them, and become such great friends. We have a true brotherhood here in Navarrete. That is what will be the hardest to leave behind. So we all played for a couple hours and just had a blast together. One of them told me that when I get home I will be the President of the Young Men, hahaha. But that's not gonna be able to happen for some years. But I definitely look forward to that day if it comes!! Then an investigator made us spaghetti for lunch. 

Well, the end has come. What has felt like 2 months has actually been 2 insane and amazing years filled with so many unforgettable memories, miracles, and experiences. I have lived it up. I have had a blast. I wish I had more time to keep this great work going. There is absolutely nothing in the world like being a true servant of the Lord Jesus Christ and being able to represent him. I am going to miss these people and this country so much. To all those who are thinking about a mission: GO. Just do it. Your life will be changed and your eyes will be opened. I will save the rest for my homecoming talk on Sunday. As for now, I love you all so much and thank you all for all the love and support. I'm way sad to leave this amazing life as a missionary, but I am so stoked to see all your beautiful faces again! Its gonna be a party! 

See y'all on Thursday! (or Sunday at my homecoming!!)


Elder Greer
 

  A super fun (and messy) Family Home Evening we did. It ended up turning into a flour fight haha.
 
 
 

 
 
 

The baptism of Elfri!!

 
 
 
 
 

My shoes are a little worn out... 

The family who came to visit me here from my first area and made us food! Family Salcedo!
 
 
 

Family Fernandez!
 

Us with Rafi who left today for his mission in Honduras!
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment