Monday, May 30, 2016

No Time to Be Sick!

May 25, 2016

Another short email, sorry. Lots of people to write ;)
We have found some amazing families these past couple of weeks who have such great questions that come from their hearts and they actually love asking us things. For us as missionaries it is sometimes hard to answer in the perfect way or to find/use the scriptures needed to prove the answers and stuff. But for that reason, we study so much everyday and really focus on having the spirit strong with us so that we can be guided really well and say exactly what the people need to hear from us according to the spirit. But you don't just have the spirit in every second, but rather, you have to constantly prepare yourself/keep yourself worthy to have it. That comes by following the commandments, praying, and working daily to be better and more Christ-like. So in those moments during the lessons we had with these great people this week, I was so thankful for the power and guidance of the spirit which lead me to the exact scriptures I needed to back up what we were saying and to help the people in the greatest way I could. I don't know why this just changed to italics haha, but I don't have enough time to try and figure it out. Anyways, I challenge you all to constantly strive to have the spirit and obey the Lord and do His will.
In other news, half the mission has been sick with a nasty mosquito virus going around called La Siqua. I too had it for a couple of days and I'm not gonna lie, on Sunday I didn't think I was going to make it home because I was so sick and had such a bad fever and it was so hot that day. But I refused to let myself be weak even though I was really physically weak. I know that's stupid, but we just had such important lessons and appointments planned for that day so I refused to stay home or miss visiting any of the people. I just prayed and asked for help. I said, "Look, I am not dying, but I feel pretty dang close... haha.. so please Father, You gotta help me as I serve thee this day. Help me complete what I came here to do. I cannot, or better said, the people cannot afford to wait to hear this gospel any longer. A day does matter. So if I continue throughout this day, You gotta help me, please." And I received huge blessings during that day! I was able to go throughout the day feeling not too, too bad. And it was such a great day filled with awesome lessons and experiences! Super thankful. I paid the price when I got home of course, when I didn't sleep more than 4 hours that night haha, but the sacrifice/exchange was worth it. And I am healthy and good again now, so all is well :)
Sometimes we just gotta get over ourselves and our feelings, and put our trust in the Lord no matter what. If we do what He would have us do, and we serve him with all our heart and love, and give it all to Him, he will provide. I promise you.
This is my testimony. Until next week, I love you all and I love this great work, as challenging as it may be at times :)

Elder Greer

No comments:

Post a Comment